Learn about the many different coins that were described in the bible with this helpful video presentation of coins from the ANA.
Coins explored in the video and in the presentation:
- Half Shekel of Tyre coin used by the ancient Jewish people to pay the yearly tax due on visits.
- Widow’s Mite, a coin where the moral of the story is that giving or doing your best counts more, even though some could give more.
- Tribute Penny coin of Roman emperor Tiberius, which was circulating during the lifetime and crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- Pontius Pilate coin, a local procurator, or ruler on behalf of the Roman empire before whom Jesus Christ was brought for his trial and crucifixion.
Historical ancient coins give us a great connection to the past. I am an ancient coin expert, enthusiast, author and dealer and have many of these coins available for sale in my eBay store here: http://stores.ebay.com/Authentic-Ancient-Greek-Roman-Coins
I have many articles and videos on the subject of ancient coins and history here: http://www.trustedancientcoins.com/articles/
Click the pictures to enlarge
Biblical coins related to people of the Christian and Jewish Faiths
- Ancient Coins of Biblical Jerusalem Collecting Guide (Article with Video)
- Symbols of Early Christianity on Ancient Roman and Medieval Coins
- Tribute Penny Render Unto Caesar Jesus Christ Biblical Coins (Article with Video)
- Jesus Christ Portrait Anonymous Class A-N Byzantine Follis Coins Reference Article with Video)
- Herod the Great 40-4BC Coins JESUS CHRIST Bethlehem Birth Ancient JERUSALEM Biblical Coins
Read Full Article Here: Ancient Greek and Roman Coins of the Bible Tribute Penny Widow’s Mite 30 Pieces